Monday, September 29, 2008

A Call to Prayer

The United States, land of free and home of the brave. This statement has been coined for many years and spread through out our land and the world. America The Beautiful, we have sang it many times. We cherish our country and we are no doubt very much proud of our country. It is with this that we feel to issue a Call to Prayer.

Last night I was up until 6:30am praying. It was one of those nights where everytime I tried to lay down the Lord would keep me awake with the unction to pray. Prayer is the key to so many things in our walk with Christ. It was a joy to pray.

This Call to Prayer that I felt last night puzzled me. I called out names, our country, and other situations I know of. As you well know I am definetly praying for this election. It is a critical election year.

Prayer can change things and situation. Prayer also changes us. So we pray. We keep praying. We pray until we can see the answer. Prayer must be central once again. I felt this call yesterday as our preacher preached. Then last night I could not sleep, praying.

So I call you to pray with me. Pray for this election. The economy. Souls. Anything you feel led to pray. But whatever you do pray. God is listening. We need to pray. The world is plummeting in a dire state and we need to pray.

Until next time....Keith

No comments: