Saturday, May 17, 2008

One more busy week....

This has been a very busy and hetic week. However, that is the lot of life in ministry sometimes. It has been a good week. As I have prepared for the youth service on Sunday night I have had one constant thought; what are we doing that really matters to see youth saved?

We are busy working, going to ballgames, ministering on Wednesday, during the week if needed, and a whole host of other stuff. However, what are we really doing. It is a thought I continue to ponder.

Friday night we parcitpated in our first Relay For Life event. Our church hosted a team of 70 and it was a tremendous night. The winds were high and it was a little chilly. We had a blast. I would estimate there were at least 4000 people there at the height of the evening. Watch touched me the most was the survivors walk. On the track was a little boy who was less than 2 years old. He had no hair and looked very tired. With all that he had his Survivor shirt on. It moved me to tears. God has such great plans for him. Our team did homemade ice cream which was very good to the stomach. I throughly enjoyed the fellowship.

Back to my orignial start, as I was sitting around the track I watched hundreds of youth go by me. Some with their punk rock thug wanna be style, others with shorts so tight I wondered how they got circulation. Still others were on cells chatting. A few arguing with parents on why they should be able to do whatever they want. And my mind wondered. What are we doing to save these young people? Richmond county, Rockingham and the surrounding area is full of youth dying and going to hell. What are we really doing to see them be touched by God's grace?

Then I asked myself "What are you doing Keith?" I occupy an office, hold a position, even hold a license to preach yet that is not going to mean a hillabeans when I reach heaven. Today is the day I must impact someone. Some youth somewhere needs me to minister the love of Jesus to them. I want to be available to Hear God's Voice so that I can...... do you?

Until tomorrow ........... Keith

1 comment:

imonfire4jc said...

Very good thoughts Keith.. This is Tim Cook (turbotim on Jude2). I have been thinking the same things. I teach school as well as do ministry. I have talked with several at school two of which were saved. But there are so many more. My heart just hurts to see the conditions they are in. God bless you. Keep me in your prayers..