Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Home at last

The assembly ended and we were stuck for almost 26 hours in trying to get home. It was very long and drawn out. However, we made it home. The assembly ended and well it is over with. Parts of it were great. The best worship in a long time at an assembly. It was also a privelege to see friends from all over the world. That is one of the things I love about these gatherings, you can see your friends and these friends are really family.

We got home to minister to some of our kids, who lost their grandfather to death. The funeral was today and again it brought out friends. Last night at the memorial viewing there were many there and they were called friends.

I think about all of this. My friendships keep me in COGOP. Though I often disagree with a lot, it is my friendships that keep me in this denomation. I love them and they love me. Friends are friends forever as Micheal W. Smith would sing.

I am also reminded of a friend that is closer than a brother. Jesus! The one true friend who never leaves or forsakes. His friendship is priceless yet worth everything.

Until next time................Keith

No comments: