Monday, July 21, 2008

A summer full of ministry

My summers are always packed. Mostly with camps and youth ministry. Taking kids to camp, working in camp, bring kids home from camp, youth services, youth Bible studies and the like usually make for an eventful summer. Oh yeah, you can always throw in there conventions or assemblies during the summer. Needless to say this summer has been nothing short of busy. believe it or not I enjoy it all. Tiring, but I really do enjoy it.

This summer I have seen teenagers saved, sanctified and baptized with the Spirit. Some have been delivered, some have been loved like never before and others have been completely changed. It has been amazing. God is so amazing and I love seeing teenagers changed. However, right now it seems God is up to something. In the midst of all of this ministry and all of these sermons and that is upon me to do, God is speaking.

Last night we had our monthly youth service. We sang 'slow' songs, though good it just was slow. However some how it just fit. Our youth, the ones who came, did a drama to the song the Potter's Hand. Then I preached to our teens. Same ole Same ole, right? Wrong, in the midst of all of this God was moving. From the worship to the drama, to the sermon. God spoke and ministered. What I thought was going to be "boring" turned out to be powerful.

So summer is busy. Well after last night it got even buiser. Our pastor came to me crying and said "you have to do this revival the first of August". "You have too, the Lord has spoken to me" he said. My first response is there is not time. The assembly is around the corner, I have got a huge Back to School Bash Weekend Planned, and a football game. There is no time, but when I open my mouth out came yes. Cause I knew God was in it. I expect it to be one of the most powerful weeks of revival ever in the ministry that God has entrusted me with. Our pastor called our whole church to fast for this revival. I know God is going to move.

So I have said all of that to say this....I know you hate it when people say that.... God is moving and your plans may not line up with his plans. However, if you will be available to him, as a vessel, He will use you at any given moment. Even when you don't think you have the time. I can't wait to see what God is going to do.

Until next time...........Keith

1 comment:

DeWayne Hamby said...

Good thoughts, Keith. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to hearing good things about the revival.