Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My heart..........

It has been a busy month. We are only 18 days into it and boy has it been an intersting one. I started my masters in education program. Went home to a funeral for one of my former teens, she was 19 and killed in a car wreck, and have played pastor for almost two weeks (my pastor has been sick). It has been busy.

In all of this busyness, though, I have heard God's voice speaking to me. It has been refreshing to hear the still small voice. Likewise, it has been refreshing to feel his presence so near. I enjoy those times when I know HE is right there with me. Those times bring such strength, hope, and fullness to my mind, soul, body and spirit.

Interesting enough is the fact that I believe God has laid something on my heart. Such is the title of this blog. My heart.............That I may know HIM. Nothing else matters, except that I know HIM. Christ, true giver of life, wants us to know him in the power of His Spirit. I want to know HIM. We get so caught up with church work, busyness of our lives, the extra things we do, and our laziness that often times we put our time with Jesus on the back burner. We save that time for another day. However, when that day comes, we don't spend it with him.

I have found that we are teaching this generation coming up that it is okay to put Christ second, third, fourth and even fifth in our lives. This mentality has resulted in dead churches, dead youth groups and dead church goers. Some would not know Jesus if He hit them in his face. Thus, many have failed in knowing Christ, personally.

That I may know him, it was Pual's cry. It has become mine. In years past I would be more concerned about how I looked as a christian, what appointment I wanted, what church I could go to, how good I preached, was I on the big stage; Thankfully those days are far removed. I could careless about them now. My main concern THAT I MAY KNOW HIM.

Hear my heart today..... If you don't know HIM, get too, it will change your life

Until next time .... Keith

No comments: